Read at Joe's

The rants and ramblings of a guy named Joe.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Ballet

I never expected to be writing a ballet review, but a cousin of mine convinced me it was worth seeing. I’m a pretty open minded individual. (Some of my friends just did a spit take on that.) So on Friday night we went to the ballet. Actually the ballet came to us. We saw it at an outdoor theater. It was the Houston Ballet. The program was most impressive. And it wasn’t too much of a starched shirt thing. It consisted of three parts. The first part was a Texas oriented tribute to Patsy Cline music. The second was of all things danced to the music of the Rolling Stones. The third was Celtic music. Sort of a quiet Riverdance. The dancers were amazingly talented and extremely athletic. I really enjoyed all three. This was no dance recital ballet. I was about a week removed from seeing some great dancing in Movin’ Out. I’ve learned to appreciate yet another art form. There’s hope for me yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home